Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Music can save lives. courtesy BeeGees

I am a big time music lover, not the kind to sling a guitar and roam around all over the place but the kind who really enjoys keeping it on when I'm doing practically anything and everything, and so it is but natural for me to say that music has a big part in my life.
Well, I heard this interesting bit in class today from my Professor and looked it up then and there; music can save lives-literally!
As per a current event, CPR is performed more efficiently when done to the tune of the big BeeGees track Stayin' Alive. As per the AHA, the recommended rate of compressions in CPR is 100 and when done to the beat of the track is 103, which is really great. To check out the article in detail go to
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081016/music_nm/us_heart_beegees_1
And what an appropriate track too! STAYIN' ALIVE!!!!!

No comments: