Saturday, October 18, 2008

Baseball

First things first. Its been over a year since I was here. Different year, different country. I now reside at a place called Amherst in Massachusetts, USA. So much has happened in a year, so much to tell. Well, you can't do it all in a day. I laughed so loud when I saw my previous post which said stuff about a "sting operation" on Vicky. That was tripping funny, the entire episode.
Along with the education and insane weather, Mass has opened me to a totally new distraction. BASEBALL.
I could never figure out the concept behind baseball, thought it is a "cheap second" to cricket. And I would still stand by that to a certain extent. But sport will always be sport, especially with the Basketball preseason on and not the playoffs, and I need my share of sport. Now I get it too. In fact I never thought I'll be saying it but I'm actually loving it. Especially with the sort of comeback The Boston Red Sox are making in the ALCS finals. I mean who would have thought in the last game where they were trailing the Rays by 7 in the 7th innings and came back to win it in the 9th. The second greatest comeback ever. And looking at their track record, I don't think a single soul must be doubting that the Red Sox are gonna win this series. Well, they are trailing 3-2 now in the finals. But then if they win this one, it boils down to the one final match.
As far as I am concerned, I'm just happy that I have reason for hero-worship and team loyalty again. As I write this the Red Sox hit a homerun and take a 3-2 lead in the 6th game. Go REDSOX!!!!!!

No comments: